Tuesday, January 20, 2009


I got the chance to go to New Jersey for a day for work. Such a long flight for very little work, but it was fun to get out and have some time to myself to think. I left yesterday morning and everything seemed to be going well until we got over Michigan. They informed us that the weather in New Jersey was causing visibility problems and we would have to circle for a while before we could be cleared to proceed on. We circled for about 40 minutes and were then cleared. When we were just about to the airport they had us circle again for at least a half hour before finally landing the plane. The person I was meeting there was coming in from Chicago and their flight had also been delayed. I waiting an extra 1 1/3 for that flight to come in. When we went to get in the rental car they had the wrong car in the spot, so we waited again. We then drove 40 minutes to our hotel to check in. After doing so we met back up and decided to go for dinner. One small problem. The vehicle we had was really new (only 27 miles when we picked it up) and had a button ignition. We couldn't figure it out for 10 minutes. Kinda funny, but kind of embarrasing for her-I mean both of us! What an adventure.
Now about the picture. To the untrained eye it may look like your ordinary hotel room bed, right? Wrong!!! I was unusually happy after the day we had already had to get a disturbance free night of rest. No kids waking me up to get a bottle or help them zip their PJ's up after a potty break in the night. No husband hitting me with his elbows while he is tossing and turning. I checked my phone to set the alarm and noticed that it was still on Utah time. No big deal, right? I just decided that if I needed to be up at 6AM that I would have to set the alarm for 4AM MST. When my alarm went off I showered, packed up and headed for the lobby. Really strange that it was so dark for 7AM and nobody was around. Even stranger that the breakfast was not out yet. I asked the desk clerk the time and just then realized that my phone must have automatically changed itself to the local time in the night. I don't know why it took over 5 hours to do so, but it did. I had actually woken up at 2AM MST and gotten ready for the day. I tried to go back to my room and sleep a little, but it really didn't work. So not funny!
Coming home was beautiful. It was clearer so I was able to see some of New York's city and we also flew over Niagra Falls. I couldn't see much from the plane, but it was neat just to know that I saw it with my own eyes. I am glad to be home with my girls and hubby and am now going to get some rest!!!


heidihim said...

I have totally done that before it sucks! I'm glad you made it to the airport the right time to come home though! I really wanted to have you guys over this weekend but david got sick:( We had all his family over this week for his mom's birthday and one of the people who came (it was actually my sister in law's brother) was sooo rude to me. (He basically started calling me an idiot for being mormon.) So anyway I told David i'm tired of dealing with these people, can't we just have les and valerie over instead they're always nice to me! but we'll have to get together soon as soon as David's better!

HalfBatty said...

It has definately been too long. Are you guys free this weekend? Friday or Saturday? We miss you!

heidihim said...

Hi Valerie yes I think either friday or saturday would work for us. (i'll have to check with David and make sure cause he's already asleep right now). You guys are welcome to come to our house and we could just get pizza and a movie or we can do whatever (i'm kind of out of ideas until it gets warmer!) see you soon!